Kelly Brozyna’s Paleo, Gluten-Free Chocolate Pie with Raw Graham Cracker Crust
Countdown to 2014 Cookbook Giveaway: Day 6
This year I wanted to share my favorite cookbooks and health-focused books of 2013 with you from some of my friends. Since it’s the holiday season, they’ve decided to generously give away a copy of their books along with a recipe (see below!) starting today until the new year! Thanks to all of you for participating! To enter for your chance to win a book, just leave a comment below. The winner will be selected at random on January 2, 2014 and books will be mailed out to each winner shortly thereafter. Please note: This giveaway is available to U.S. residents only.
1/2/14: Please note that this giveaway ended on 1/1/14. All comments are now closed. Thanks for visiting!
Now, I’d like to introduce my sixth guest and her book!
WHO: Kelly Brozyna, The Spunky Coconut
BOOK: THE PALEO CHOCOLATE LOVER’S COOKBOOK: 80 Gluten-Free Treats for Breakfast & Dessert (Victory Belt Publishing, 2013)
RECIPE: Paleo, Gluten-Free Chocolate Pie with Raw Graham Cracker Crust
Makes: 8 servings
1 cup (100 g) walnut halves and pieces
1/4 cup (about 4) soft, pitted Medjool dates
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch of sea salt
1 cup coconut cream*
1/2 cup (about 8) soft, pitted Medjool dates
3 ounces dark chocolate, melted
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* Use the cream at the top of a can of separated full-fat coconut milk, such as Natural Value brand (which is BPA-free). To get it to separate, refrigerate a couple of cans overnight.
1. To make the crust, in a food processor with an S blade, purée the walnuts, dates, cinnamon, and salt for about 20 seconds or until very fine.
2. Transfer the crust mixture to a glass pie dish, and press it across the bottom and halfway up the sides.
3. Rinse the food processor.
4. In a small saucepan, heat the coconut cream just slightly.
5. Add the heated coconut cream, dates, chocolate, coconut oil, and vanilla extract to the food processor, and purée for 1 minute or until the filling is dark and completely smooth.
6. Pour the filling over the crust, and chill to set.
7. When you’re ready to serve the pie, top it with whipped coconut cream.
8. Store the pie in the refrigerator.
JOIN ME ON INSTAGRAM
- 4 days ago by silvananardone