Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Cinnamon Toast Breakfast Loaf Cake
While the new year settles in, my family and I long for the familiar. With all of the talk of new year’s resolutions, I always go back to my basic philosophy of everything in moderation. No extremes, just a balanced, easy flow of family, food and fun.
That’s where this new recipe comes in. My kids (and I) love cinnamon toast, so I came up with this recipe with all the flavors and warmth of the toaster classic. Yes, the icing may be a little over the top for breakfast, but one slice will be alright. This recipe uses my cup-for-cup recipe, Silvana’s Kitchen Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour.
If you haven’t already, please join the conversation in my online community, Silvana’s Kitchen, where you can meet my friends who are cooking gluten-free, too. I’d love to hear how you’re doing!
For ingredient substitutions, please see the detailed chart at Gluten-Free 101.
Makes: One 9-by-5-inch loaf
1½ cups Silvana’s Kitchen Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
2 sticks unsalted butter or shortening, at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
4 large eggs, at room temperature
2½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 tablespoon cinnamon
½ cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
1 tablespoon milk, nondairy milk or water
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
2. Preheat the oven to 325º and grease a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. In a large bowl and using a handheld electric mixer, beat together the butter and granulated sugar on medium-high speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Reduce the speed to medium-low and gradually beat in the eggs and 2 teaspoons vanilla until combined. Reduce the speed to low and gradually add in the flour mixture until just combined.
3. Transfer half of the batter to a small bowl. Stir in the cinnamon. Alternating, spoon the vanilla and cinnamon cake batters into the prepared pan and swirl with a knife. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 hour 10 minutes. Let cool completely on a rack.
4. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the confectioners’ sugar, milk and remaining ½ teaspoon vanilla. Drizzle over the cooled cake.
JOIN ME ON INSTAGRAM
- 3 days ago by silvananardone