I’ve been busy baking up gluten-free, dairy-free Thanksgiving desserts for you (and the Food Network)! Here’s hoping you have a sweet Thanksgiving. These desserts are healthy, too, but I swear you’d never know it!
Please come say “hi” and let me know what you think about these recipes over in my online community, Silvana’s Kitchen. If you need dairy substitutions, please leave me a message on my Facebook page—I’m happy to give you swap-in ingredient ideas!
For ingredient substitutions, please see the detailed chart at Gluten-Free 101.
Let’s get baking,
Cakes, Cookies, Dairy-Free, Desserts, Fall, Gluten-Free, Healthy, Holidays & Parties, Home Featured, Winter
It’s been quite a journey. It’s hard to believe it’s already been seven years since my son Isaiah, now 17, was first diagnosed with gluten intolerance and dairy intolerance. I remember his words when the doctor gave him the news as if it were yesterday. “Mommy, what am I going to eat?” Honestly, those words still echo in my mind. The fear we both shared in not knowing what was going to happen next.
Well, we’ve come along way. Isaiah has just started applying to colleges (I’m still trying to digest that reality) and what was his essay about? It’s a coming-of-age story of a young boy who’s world changes upside down when he’s first diagnosed with gluten and dairy intolerance. Then, he sees the world in a whole new light and his perspective on life transforms into a place full of opportunity—and community. Needless to say, I cried reading every sentence. I was overwhelmed by his gifted poetic nature of writing and even more so, by his grace.
So without further ado, it’s my pleasure to introduce you to Cooking for Isaiah™ by Silvana Nardone. It’s our gluten-free, dairy-free line of flour and mixes so whether you can’t find the ingredients—or the time—to make them at home, … Read More ›READ MORE »
Before I ever even came close to conquering yeasted cinnamon buns, I made these pancakes to satisfy that craving. They actually resemble cinnamon buns, too, down to their cinnamon swirl and sugary icing. My family and I have always been fans of Bisquick, but after trying the gluten-free version from the supermarket, we weren’t convinced that it was a perfect substitute. So I studied the ingredients on the original mix and replicated its taste and texture.READ MORE »
**TODAY’S GRAND PRIZE GIVEAWAY**
I’m giving away 1 BLENDTEC DESIGNER 725 WITH WILDSIDE AND JAR and 1 BLENDTEC TWISTER JAR! To enter to win, just leave a comment about your favorite way to use your blender and I’ll randomly choose 1 WINNER!
• 1 WINNER gets an exclusive coupon code for 1 bag of organic Matcha Green Tea Powder and free shipping!READ MORE »
• 1 WINNER gets everything she needs for a GLUTEN-FREE PASTA PARTY, including Gluten-Free Brown Rice Egg Tagliatelle, Gluten-Free Brown Rice Spaghetti, Organic Diced Tomatoes, Organic Crushed Tomatoes and a Trial-Size Bottle of Organic Olive Oil.
• ALL OF YOU get 10% off your order and free shipping when you use the promo code SILVANASKITCHEN now through September 31, 2014!READ MORE »
• 5 WINNERS get 5 VIP coupons!READ MORE »
• 1 WINNER gets a So Delicious Dairy Free VIP coupon collection!
• 1 WINNER gets a prize pack filled with So Delicious Dairy Free popular products, including dairy-free culinary coconut milk and coffee creamer!